If you’re an outdoor person, and Fido is often coming with you, this is a great treat to take along! Similar to trail mix bars or cookies, it’s a fast, easy eat to keep Fido’s energy up! Enjoy!
•1/3 cup olive oil
•1/4 cup light brown sugar
•1/2 cup peanut butter
•1 mashed banana
•1 egg white
•1 cup whole wheat flour
•1/8 cup milled flax seed
•1 3/4 cup rolled oats
•1 tsp cinnamon
•1 1/2 tsp baking powder
•1 cup assorted nuts, seeds, and fruits. Some dog friendly ideas are: pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, cashews, almonds, peanuts, coconut, mango, and banana chips. Remember to avoid chocolates, raisins, and macadamia nuts as they are not dog friendly.
1. Combine olive oil and brown sugar until well combined
2. Stir in peanut butter
3. Add in banana and egg white
4. Combine flour, flax, cinnamon, and baking powder. Add to mix.
5. Stir in oats
6. Stir in trail mix, blending well until dough sticks together
7. Shape with your hands into flat, round 1-2 inch cookies or squares. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven on greased cookie sheet for 8 minutes
Store in refrigerator for 2 weeks or freezer for up to 4 months